I just made delicious dark chocolate M&M Oatmeal Cookie Bars that I can’t wait to share with you. I love dark chocolate M&M’s so this recipe is perfect. They are currently in the oven, and I can’t wait to try them!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 cups oats (Quick cooking or regular)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup dark chocolate m&m’s
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, applesauce, canola oil, and maple syrup, and vanilla until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Gradually add dry oat mix to applesauce mixture and blend well. (Batter will be thick). Stir in m&m’s.
- Coat 13-inch by 9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (I used a round stone that I didn’t spray). Spread batter into coated pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges start to turn brown and pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, cut into bars and remove with a spatula. Makes 24 bars.
- Bars can be kept in airtight container up to 3 days or can be frozen.